Cleaning the house is not a waste of time and other ways to get stuff done

As I am driving up to my house I hear the people on the radio gladly announce "Yay!!  It's Friday!" 
As happy as I am it's Friday I look on to my house and I think to myself...I have the day off work, but now I have to waste time cleaning my house.  But what if I didn't think of it as a waste of time and how much better I feel when it's done?

What if I were more mindful in the moment and said to myself "Jolene, this is right where you need to be, THIS is what you SHOULD be doing right now."?  Because if I were honest with myself I would probably be logging onto my phone for something quick and then get sucked into the time waste of Social Media.  Mostly I just think about how I would rather be working out or doing some sort of craft project. 

What do you prioritize in your life?  Is it work? Family time? Cleaning your house? Getting exercise?

Take those feelings and put them into the thing you know you should be prioritizing and remind yourself in the moment "This is right where I SHOULD be, doing exactly what I have set out to do." 

A word about prioritizing a workout;

1. Have a plan (or have a Personal Trainer make a plan for you ;))

2. Visualize your workout, hear the sounds of your breath, your heart beating.  Feel the endorphins begin to release.  Mentally prepare in a positive manner about what you are going to accomplish.

3.Get dressed in your workout clothes

4. GO. DO-IT!!  It's really that simple just get going and the rest will flow.

5. Follow-through and be mindful about what you are doing in the moment.

6. You are done!  Enjoy the accomplishment and the great feeling of doing something very important for your health and well being!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop it, you're making me thirsty!

Could entitlement be holding us back from exercise and weight loss?

Don't underestimate the power of 10 pounds.